Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome to Annie, Fannie and Abigail Antique Studio! This is our second attempt at setting up a blog and here is hoping that a third attempt is not in our near future. So here goes with crossed fingers and toes that our second attempt succeeds!

Annie, Fannie and Abigail began life in sunny southern California. My twin sister Donna Cedergreen branched out from her interior design business and created Annie, Fannie & Abigail Antiques & Acquired Objects. She started in the big flea markets and graduated to a storefront in Manhattan beach. [Historical pictures to come later.] Her work has been featured in Country Living and Laura Ashwell's book on flea market treasures.

People always ask which one of us is Annie, Fannie or Abigail? [Our younger sister, Debby often helps us at shows-so there is three of us. ] We always say none of us carry those names. Donna was at a garden center in LA. and chickens were running around doing what chickens do. Donna asked what their names were -Annie, Fannie and Abigail-and thus in their honor - she named her endeavor into the antique and flea market world after them.

When I retired from the public sector seven years ago, I took a year off to breathe-but found myself fancy free and looking for a challenge at the end of my respite. About the same time Donna decided life was too busy and retired from antiques. Oh my, what to do with all of the stuff? In the meantime I am shopping at Willow Nest in Buxton and Linda Markov says,"Diana why don't you do our next flea market?"-and pandora's box was opened. I called Donna from the store and to make a long story short-she drove a truck up with the stuff, we did the flea market and Annie, Fannie and Abigail began life in Portland, Oregon.

My lucky day came over two years ago when my neice-Donna's daughter came to Portland to do her residency in Internal Medicine - and guess who followed their daughter to Oregon-Donna and Bob! So now we have Annie, Fannie and Abigail together after living apart for more than 30 years-life is joyful now that she is in town.

1 comment:

  1. what a great story about the neice bringing mom & dad to portland.
    I have a daughter in vernonia, she is away at school now and I would love to move to Portland, however I have a daughter & her family here also.I know it's more fun in Portland area.

    Janice In Missouri

    ReplyDelete